My Mother was not impressed. She was hoping that I might get best dressed or most popular or something like that. But no, I got “Class Day Dreamer”. And frankly, I liked being thought of as a little “out there”. It fed into my creative, whimsical side.
Bored with a teacher who failed to inspire, I would make up my own stories in my daydreams and they were certainly much more interesting, at least to me. And I find that this skill comes in handy now that I am in my fifties. Who knew?
Now I purposefully daydream so that I can envision what I want to create in my life. And I call it “manifesting”. Perhaps my Mother might have been more impressed with that term-lol.
- When was the last time you allowed yourself to daydream-to just kick back and muse about what you would like to create in your life?
- Do you ever wonder if time or money or fear were not present what you would be doing in your life?
- Who would you become?
Let your mind wander and see how it feels to be you-just creating whatever you want. Dream and go as big as you want. From a Law of Attraction perspective, this envisioning puts the universe on alert that you are growing and stretching your possibilities -so watch out world.
But this is just the beginning. What if once you started to dream bigger dreams, you actually started to take small steps that lean into what you dream about.
So say you dream about leaving your job and creating a business that suits the lifestyle you would like to create?
- Would you work part time or full time?
- How would your free time be filled?
- What would this lifestyle business give you in the way of freedom, creativity, expansiveness, a sense of accomplishment?
- Looking into classes or a certification if you need more skills
- Connecting with others through social media to get more info on the business that you would like to explore
- Interviewing coaches to help you realize your vision
- Figuring out how you can finance your business
- Doing a budget to see what income you need
For the larger, more time consuming tasks, break them down into daily bite sized pieces.
And then watch how your dreams start to come true! Start living the life you really want and totally go for it!
Let’s get fired up!