Simply put, what you think about money will determine how much money you will attract.
When you are stuck in a mindset of scarcity and lack you will attract more of that in your life. This is simple law of attraction. You will attract what you focus on.
So the solution is to shift your focus. Here are 3 powerful ways to start looking at money differently:
1) Change your money story. We all have money stories based on how we perceived the world from a young age. Our stories are what we automatically default to when it comes to our perception of reality around money.
Here are some of the things we tell ourselves:
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
- Money is at the root of all evil
- Rich people are scrooges
- The rich get richer and the poor get poorer
- I have to work really hard to make alot of money
- Money makes the world go round
- The government always has their hand in my pocket
In order to change your reality you have to challenge your default perceptions. Ask yourself if believing these thoughts (that are NOT reality) are serving your highest good or not. Then reframe all thoughts that are no longer serving you.
So for instance if you reframe the thought “I have to work really hard to make a lot of money” to “How can I work really smart to make alot of money? “, your possibilities will open up. You may begin to seek ways to leverage your time, to focus on income producing activities and outsourcing “worker bee” activities. You might put on your CEO hat and reframe how you run your business.
Challenge what you think about money. Make money work for you.
2) Create abundance in the way you feel by shifting your energy to an abundance mindset. When you are coming from an abundance mindset you trust that the universe will provide you with all that you need. You know that there is more than enough abundance to go around for everyone.
In order to energetically attract what you want in your life it is important to understand Law of Attraction or the rules of Conscious Creation. Basically, we are all made of energy and since like energy attracts like energy, you attract into your life that which you focus on.
If you focus on abundance, you will get more. If you focus on scarcity, you will get more. This is quantum physics.
First you must understand that it is not really money that we want per se but the feeling that money gives us. Money is simply a piece of paper or a coin, endowed with energy.
Ask yourself, “what feeling am I hoping to get from the energy of money? Is it security, indulgence, freedom, generosity, etc”?
Then focus on where you already have this in your life or how you can creatively add more of the essence of that feeling into your life.
So let’s say that making money makes you feel free. It allows you to do as you please. Look at ways that you can do that now. Schedule a day off where you can spend it as you like. Book out time for you. Envision what you might be doing if you were totally free .
Or if indulgence is what you want, allow yourself indulgences. Go to the spa, plan a vacation, indulge in a beautiful outfit.
When you focus on what feels abundant to you and know that you can already have that feeling, you will energetically attract more of that into your life.
3) Expect more- Often we expect far too little for ourselves and our life. Start expecting more for yourself…..more love, more freedom, more abundance, more money, more joy. If you don’t expect anything, that is often what you will get. Expect that it will be easy to attract money and abundance and then open your arms up to receiving.
When you are obsessing over money, remind yourself that everything always works out. Train your mind to expect that the universe will provide, that you will have more than enough. Then be open to the plethora of ways that the universe will serve it up to you.
Let it tickle and delight you!
When you create the feeling of abundance within you, the Universe will pick up your new signal and start bringing you circumstances to match your new vibration.
This goes for owning your value as well. Women often find it difficult to own their value and they compensate by undercharging or over giving.
I am not saying that if you are in business you should not give. Giving is good and you want to wow your clients. However, it is important to know all of the things that you bring to the table and expect to be compensated for the value you provide. Don’t play small here.
Women still only get paid 79 cents on a dollar that men get paid (and that figure is high by some stats). And older women get paid less. Why is this? Why is this when as we get older we have so much more experience and wisdom to bring to the table? Challenge that idea. Know your worth and take a stand for it!
Please share your thoughts below. What money mindset you are you willing to change? Where will you expect more? Where will you own your value?